Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Subject: how to calculate time in a payroll worksheet- Revisited

I posted this question at the tail end of a previous thread, and may have
done so incorrectly as it is getting no attention. So I shall try it this
way. Thanks for putting up with this.

By: DaleP1 In: microsoft.public.excel.programming

All the information in this thread is very helpful, I could use just a bit
more help with this please. My time sheet is set up like the brief example
below.

A1 A2 A3 A4 A5 A6
0600 1400 off off 0600 1400

This sheet shows a schedule for each employee. on 1 line each for 2 weeks.
I am not doing well at tying the previous examples into a working formula
over a range of cells.
I just want it to sum up the hours at the end of a row for each person.
I sincerely appreciate any help Thanks

"TCrow2000" wrote:

I ran into the same problem as you. I was trying to come up with a way
to print out my schedule and taking it a step further, wanted to
estimate how much my net pay would be. The formula I came up with with
the result in cell A3 is:

=IF((A2-A1)*24<0,((A2-A1)*24)+24,(A2-A1)*24)

As in the other suggestions, you need to use military 24 hour time
format to input the time.

Hope it works for you.
TCrow