Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Questions

I'm creating a form and I'm using a macro to ensure various parts of
the form are entered accurately. So when the user changes a cell value
I make sure it's valid and I also make sure the cell format options
aren't changed like the font size etc etc..

However I have a portion of the form from row 12 and up where the user
has pretty much unlimited space to work with. I do validate the data
they enter but I also want them to have the freedom to erase entire
rows at this point. So when they do erase a row(s) my application
attempts to validate the data and updates the formats of these cells.
Now the contents of the cell DOES get removed correctly but the
actually row stays as a blank one. So when the user goes to print or
even save the next time they open the sheet it still considers those
rows to exist.

Is there a way I can test the method of change to a cell ie if the user
deleted it from the sheet vs changed the value/format options etc etc?
So I can abort validating the data if the user is just erasing
cells/rows?