Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Wescotte Wescotte is offline

Default Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Questions

Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) is an Excel lib
function and it is called after the user changes the value/format of
any cell.

I took a glance at the post you described and it's not related to what
I need to do. Let me try to explain it more clearly.

Say I have 100 rows. Now I delete 10 from the middle and the total rows
drops to 90 and the rows are labeled 1 to 90.

However in my case I delete the 10 rows and the row count stays at 100.
Because the function Sub Worksheet_Change() is called and I examine the
user input which turns out to be making the cell values empty.

Now I can't simply say delete a row if the contents are empty because I
need to allow the user to have empty cells/rows. I just want a way to
determine if the user has actually removed a row/cell instead of just
emptying the contents.

For example if you highlight a row and hit the delete key it just
empties the contents. But if you right click on the row and select
delete it actually removes the row from teh sheet and subtracts 1 from
the total row count.

Does this make more sense?