Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Seting a Constant (via code) when creating a new file based on a template

Hello all,

I have a time sheet template. I have to mail these time sheets in to my
supervisor on the 15th and the last day of every month. I have code in the
template (and consequently on all timesheets based on this template) that
will pop up reminder messages based on the current date in relation to the
date the time sheets need to be emailed.

What I would like to know is if there is a way to set a constant, like
PayPeriodDate, when I create a new file from the template. That way, when I
email it to my boss, he won't get the reminder messages popping up on him
when he opens it after the Pay Period Ending Date. I also want to use this
for some other automated/data entry text boxes that I don't want him to have
to deal with.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide,

Conan Kelly

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello all,

Sorry for posting the same question twice. I tried posting this from work
yesterday but our T1 was going up and down, so it failed but was still in my
Out Box. I went home and posted the question. And then when I got in this
morning and logged on, it sent the original one.

I did see Nigel's response. It sounds pretty good and I think I can get it
to work. But I would like to hear any other ideas if anyone has any.

Thanks again,

Conan Kelly