Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 4 Macro Help File

Hi,

I just installed the Macrofun.hlp file from microsoft & have placed it in
my office folder. The problem is when I click on function help from the
function wizard, I get a message saying the help file is not installed. I am
running Excel 2002 and this help file is dated 1999. Is it so outdated that
it doesn't work?

Thanks,
Eloy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't think the function wizard works from an Excel 4 macro sheet in Excel
2002, at least not to enter Excel 4 macro functions. I too use Macrofun.hlp
but I just have a desktop shortcut set up to open it. I use it very
infrequently and it's no problem to go through the index to find the
function I want.

--
Jim
"Eloy" wrote in message
| Hi,
|
| I just installed the Macrofun.hlp file from microsoft & have placed it in
| my office folder. The problem is when I click on function help from the
| function wizard, I get a message saying the help file is not installed. I
am
| running Excel 2002 and this help file is dated 1999. Is it so outdated
that
| it doesn't work?
|
| Thanks,
| Eloy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
i downloaded the help file for excel 2000 from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...0-5d03748ca5cd
then installed it, but i couldn't call it with help button.
i noticed that there were two 'XLMACRO.CHM' in my 'Office' folder.
finally i replaced the old with the new (the small with the big).
i don't know if this is a good way. (Excel 2000)

--
HTH

okaizawa