Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Setting a Constant when creating a new file from a template?

Hello All,

I have a template for time sheets. I have to email these timesheets to my
supervisor on the 15th and the last day of the month. In this template (and
all files based on this template) I have code to pop up message boxes within
a few days of the end of the pay period reminding me to email the timesheet.

What I would like to be able to do is assign the pay period end date to a
constant (something like "datPayPeriodEnd"), that way when I email it to my
boss, he won't have to hassle with the pop-up messages. I plan on putting
additional message/input boxes to help automate data entry and I would like
it if my boss didn't have to hassle with these as well.

Is there a way to assign a constant when creating a new file from a
template? If so, how?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide,

Conan Kelly