Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Range.Find skips the first cell ??

What do you want it to do instead?

The example in Help has useful code.

Tim.

--
Tim Williams
Palo Alto, CA

"slintz" wrote in message
It seems that a straight forward Range.Find() call implicitly starts
searching AFTER the first cell in the range, AS IF called as

f = r.Find(after:=r.cells(1,1),...)

This work-around is effective:

f = r.find(after:=r.cells(r.Rows.Count, r.Columns.Count),...)

but it's (obviously) fugly. Am I missing something?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I want find to behave according to MY sensibilities <smile, to wit: that
when no "After" parameter is provided, it returns the FIRST cell to match the
criteria, not the first match after the first cell.

Judging from other responses and other sources, it seems I will just have to
live with this semantic despite how much pain it causes... <sigh