Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Request assistance with cross sheet problem

I've searched the forums & the net but can't find what I'm looking for
and I'm having a hell of a time trying to do it myself.

To simplify my request for help I'll try to keep it simple.

I have a list of assignments completed by a student in a worksheet
(named "wmw"). Each assignment has a five digit code assigned to it and
is entered in column A. There can be up to 120 codes listed for the
student in this colum.

On another worksheet (named "points"), I have two colums: in column A
is a list of codes corresponding to the assignments and columb B
contains a point value for each completed assignment.

I would like to step through the codes assigned to the student on Sheet
"wmw" in column "A" and check each code against the list on sheet
"points" in Column "A" to obtain the point value in column "B". Then,
once matching the codes on each workseet, I'd like to stick the
corresponding "point" value on to the first sheet, 'wmw" in this case,
in the adject field in column "B".

Ugh. I think I've already confused myself.

Does this even make sense?

--
andyofne
andyofne's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25240

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You might consider using the VLookup function on the sheet.
Write it once and fill down. Watch your absolute and relative references.
--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond
"andyofne" wrote in