Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Web query on Open

I have a spreadsheet that I use to update information from the web ( although
I guess by reading the subject you already knew that ).
I found this vbscript code to open the file and I can set it to run on a
schedule but when the file opens the web query doens't refresh, even though I
have refresh on open checked.
Set objExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
objExcel.Visible = True
Set objWorkbook = objExcel.Workbooks.Open("C:\research\web52.xls")

I tried checking the "refresh every" and set it for 1 minute but I am still
asked if I want to enable automatic refresh.
1. how can I have it refresh on open automatically?
2.once the refresh has occured is it possible to, programatically save the
file and close it?

thanks in advance,
RogueIT