Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Date Subtraction/Time between Occurences

I would like to make something that gives me the number of hours betwee
two days at different times. For example if the two dates were 5/
6:00AM and 5/8 8:00AM, the number of hours between the two would be 50
I would also like this to be able to work at for days near the end o
the month like the time between 8/30 at 9:00AM and 9/2 at 4:00PM. An
ideas of how I could do this

--
Loss
Losse's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2481

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

if A1 = 1st date (prior to most recent)
A2 = 2nd date (most recent)

in A3 = (A2-A1)*24

providing that A1 and A2 are formated in any date formate.

(doesn't matter if dates cross months or years. just need to be different)

This works because Excel sees dates as a number
Each increment of 1 = a day or 24 hours.
decimals = hours and minutes (.5 24 * .5 = 12 hours)
--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond
"Losse" wrote in
message ...

I would like to make something that gives me the number of hours between
two days at different times. For example if the two dates were 5/6
6:00AM and 5/8 8:00AM, the number of hours between the two would be 50.
I would also like this to be able to work at for days near the end of
the month like the time between 8/30 at 9:00AM and 9/2 at 4:00PM. Any
ideas of how I could do this?

--
Losse
Losse's Profile:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

How would I define the dates

--
Loss
Losse's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2481
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38729

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I tried this by just putting the dates as "6-1" for example into th
cells and doing it from there. This didn't work. How do I do i
correctly

--
Loss
Losse's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2481
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38729

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Any acceptable date format should work, including date/time...

6/1
6-1
worked for me in Excel 2000.

Just make sure that you don't enter them as Text.

--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond
"Losse" wrote in
message ...

I tried this by just putting the dates as "6-1" for example into the
cells and doing it from there. This didn't work. How do I do it
correctly?

--
Losse
Losse's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=387298

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Edit: Thank you. I was able to get it to work.

--
Losse
Losse's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24813