Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Automation and multiversion of Excel

Hi everyone,

I want to make an excel add-in in C++ (XLL) that will be usable by
excel2000 and higher version.

Is there anyway to do that ?

Also, can an add-in use Excelx.olb (e.g. excel9.olb) or all the
function in .olb are also presents when making the add-in ?

p.s. To build my add-in, I use XLCALL.h, FRAMEWRK.H and FRAMEWRK.CPP

thanks a lot

Nic

--
nicgendron
nicgendron's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25151

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nic
I recommend you take a look at the frameworks that are available - they will
make the XLL process a lot less painful.

currently I'm using XLL+ from planatech, but there is also a free one at
xlw.sourceforge.net

Not sure what you are planning to do in your xll, generally UI stuff is
easier in vba, xlls best for performance

cheers
Simon