Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Blinking Cell (Worksheet restarts)

hmm....all i can think of is recording the whole formatting program an
running the macro each time a new work sheet is added.

i'm sure there's some vba code that states 'IF new worksheet added, ru
macro "xxx"'

try using the help assistant i guess...

sorry i couldnt help much.

FloggingDolphinPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup acces

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
KL KL is offline

Hi guys,

I couldn't find the begining of this thread in Google, but have you
considered the following solution. It has the advantage of preserving the
undo functionality of Excel and the disadvantage of a constantly running
code.

Regards,
KL

1) Create a named formula called TIMER
=MOD(SECOND(NOW()),2)=1

2) Select the range you want to blink subject to a condition (or multiple
conditions), say range A1:A100

3) Apply the following Conditional Format
=TIMER*(A1<0)

where (A1<0) is one of the many possible conditions.

4) put the following code into the VBA module of ThisWorkbook:

StopBlinking
End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
StartBlinking
End Sub

5) put the following code into a standard module (say Module1):

Dim dtNext As Date

Sub StartBlinking()
dtNext = Now + TimeValue("00:00:01")
Application.Calculate
Application.OnTime dtNext, "StartBlinking"
End Sub

Sub StopBlinking()
Application.OnTime dtNext, "StartBlinking", schedule:=False

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

kudos KL,

but does that mean that my workbook would still restart when i qui
it?

thanks,

FloggingDolphinPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup acces

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
KL KL is offline

I'd be surprised if it did :-)

KL

"FloggingDolphin" <FloggingDolphin.1s5zqc@ wrote in message

kudos KL,

but does that mean that my workbook would still restart when i quit
it?

thanks,
fd

--
FloggingDolphinPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hey there, thanks for that advice. Can you just teach me how to name
formula called TIMER. Is that a Macro or something? I tried to chec
excel help on how to create and name formulae but failed.

thanks

FloggingDolphinPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup acces

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
KL KL is offline

Hi FloggingDolphin,

This is [almost] exactly the same as a named range. Essentially when you
create a named range you create a named formula as you enter something like
=A1 which is a formula refering to a range. So the step-by-step is:

1) on the spreadsheet window go to menu InsertNameDefine
2) enter "Timer" (w/o quatation marks) into the 'Names in workbook' box
3) enter =MOD(SECOND(NOW()),2)=1 into the 'Refers to:' box
4) press Add, OK

Voila!

Regards,
KL

Regards,
Kl

"FloggingDolphin" <FloggingDolphin.1sdtcm@ wrote in message

hey there, thanks for that advice. Can you just teach me how to name a
formula called TIMER. Is that a Macro or something? I tried to check
excel help on how to create and name formulae but failed.

thanks
fd

--
FloggingDolphinPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I’ve tried it out and it works. Thanks!

One other thing. I’d like it to Stopblink after I input a valu
between 1 and 13 in the cell (C1). This is in order to prevent it t
constantly re-calculating and making my whole spreadsheet slightl
blink.

I’d also like to Start blink should my cell (C1) become clea
again.

If it's alright, can you please tell me what VBA code to add to do th
above?

Thanks again,

FloggingDolphinPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup acces