Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using a macro to work from Excel to Outlook

Hi,

I want to be able to run a macro from Excel that will copy the current Excel
cell (a user), swap to Outlook which will be an open email, simulate pressing
'forward', populate the 'To' field with the user(from Excel) and send the
email.

--
Andrew B
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try this

http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/smallmessage.htm

You can use a range reference in the body line

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Andrew" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I want to be able to run a macro from Excel that will copy the current Excel
cell (a user), swap to Outlook which will be an open email, simulate pressing
'forward', populate the 'To' field with the user(from Excel) and send the
email.

--
Andrew B

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry Ron,

I need to clarify my question a bit more. An email is sent to me (Outlook
2000 SP-3) with an Excel attachment I open the email, double click on the
attachment to open the spreadsheet in Excel (2000 SP-3) and then push a
button on my toolbar to get a user (eg Bill Bloggs) from the spreadsheet. I
then copy (CTRL + C) this filename. That all works fine.

Manually, I then ALT + TAB back to the original email, paste (CTRL + V) and
'Send' the email.

Can I automate them manual component?

--
Andrew