Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default CommandBar

Hello

How can i disable controls like File - New?

The Code:
- Application.CommandBars["File"].Controls["New..."].Enabled = false;

works fine, but i want to use an index instead of the name "File" like:

- Application.CommandBars[1].Controls[1].Enabled = false;

So i can use different Excel versions (English, German, French,...).

thanks for the help
s. wiederkehr
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See
http://www.rondebruin.com/menuid.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"swiederkehr" wrote in message ...
Hello

How can i disable controls like File - New?

The Code:
- Application.CommandBars["File"].Controls["New..."].Enabled = false;

works fine, but i want to use an index instead of the name "File" like:

- Application.CommandBars[1].Controls[1].Enabled = false;

So i can use different Excel versions (English, German, French,...).

thanks for the help
s. wiederkehr

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Great site and tutorial.
now it works!

thanks a lot
s. wiederkehr

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

See
http://www.rondebruin.com/menuid.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"swiederkehr" wrote in message ...
Hello

How can i disable controls like File - New?

The Code:
- Application.CommandBars["File"].Controls["New..."].Enabled = false;

works fine, but i want to use an index instead of the name "File" like:

- Application.CommandBars[1].Controls[1].Enabled = false;

So i can use different Excel versions (English, German, French,...).

thanks for the help
s. wiederkehr

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Just one more Problem. I use my own cammandbar creates in vba code and
includes in the main Ecel Bar "Worksheet Menu Bar". But when a graph
object is select my bar disapear. So I cannot use my commanbar to work
with a graphic.
Thanks if you can help me !

Leglouton

Ron de Bruin a écrit:
Thanks for the feedback

If you have comments about the page let me know.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There are two menubars

1 = the normal menubar (Worksheet Menu Bar)
2 =the chart menubar

So you must add the menuitems to the chart bar also

The name is Chart Menu Bar

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl