Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Opening a Word Document from Excel - ??Stumped??

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me out with this one. I have an exce
spreadsheet which contains an AutoShape. When I click on this AutoShap
it opens up a word document. This is not an external file it is someho
embedded in the spreadsheet but I cannot find any reference to it.
decided to recod a macro and click on the AutoShape to see what cod
would be required and I got the following line:

Code
-------------------

Application.Run "'PMI Full WkBk.xls'!Sheet291.ProjectSummary"

-------------------

This is the code of the procedure it is running/calling

Code
-------------------

Application.DisplayAlerts = False

Sheets("Front Page").Select
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Object 73").Select
Selection.Verb Verb:=xlPrimary

Application.DisplayAlerts = True

-------------------

Can someone explain to me where it is getting this word documen
from???

Thanks in advance
Lia

--
wjoc
wjoc1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1528

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If it isn't a link, then it is stored in the same file as the xls. That's
why they call it the compound document format.

Tom Ogilvy

"wjoc1" wrote in
message ...

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me out with this one. I have an excel
spreadsheet which contains an AutoShape. When I click on this AutoShape
it opens up a word document. This is not an external file it is somehow
embedded in the spreadsheet but I cannot find any reference to it. I
decided to recod a macro and click on the AutoShape to see what code

--------------------

Application.Run "'PMI Full WkBk.xls'!Sheet291.ProjectSummary"

--------------------

This is the code of the procedure it is running/calling

Code:
--------------------

Application.DisplayAlerts = False

Sheets("Front Page").Select
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Object 73").Select
Selection.Verb Verb:=xlPrimary

Application.DisplayAlerts = True

Can someone explain to me where it is getting this word document
from???

Thanks in advance
Liam

--