Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Timed Message Box

Hello!

I'm trying to end a macro by saving the file from an excel spreadshee
to a csv file. After it's been saved to the csv, I would like
message box to come up for a like 10 seconds and then close the sheet.
Actually, closing Excel completely after the message would be optima
but closing the sheet would be fine too. I'm new to macros...An
ideas on how to do this

--
mercede
mercedes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2497

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0022.html

--

HTH

RP

"mercedes" wrote in
message ...

Hello!

I'm trying to end a macro by saving the file from an excel spreadsheet
to a csv file. After it's been saved to the csv, I would like a
message box to come up for a like 10 seconds and then close the sheet.
Actually, closing Excel completely after the message would be optimal
but closing the sheet would be fine too. I'm new to macros...Any
ideas on how to do this?

--
mercedes
mercedes's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=386311

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Posted by Chip Pearson:

Ken,

In VBA, go to the Tools menu, choose References, then choose
"Windows Script Host Object Model". Then, use code like the
following:

Dim WSH As IWshRuntimeLibrary.WshShell
Dim Res As Long
Set WSH = New IWshRuntimeLibrary.WshShell
Res = WSH.Popup(Text:="Your Text", secondstowait:=5, _
Title:="Title", Type:=vbYesNo)

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson