Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Write value to an Excel VBA variable by reading Access DB?

I would like to assign a value to variable in Excel VBA by looking up the
data in a Access database table. Could someone provide a programming example
please. I have fiddled around with setting up references and trying to use
SQL but this is all new to me and I am not sure if I am heading in the right
direction.

Back ground information if you are interested:
I log all project details in a database, project number(primary key),
customer, many project details, many customer details. I use Excel to
generate a Bill of Materials for each project. I want to include all the
customer details (name, location, etc.) on the Excel B.O.M in the header
part. I can right code to get the right format for the header I just need to
know how to return information from the database.

Your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This should get you started.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...sdatabases.asp

Microsoft Certified Professional