Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help on Excel data auto generation of graph

Hi,

Not sure if Excel has this ability to do what I want.

Suppose I will have a CSV file file on daily basis, say put it int
c:\data\20050101.txt format.

Is it possible for Excel to import the csv ( maybe by Macro , or othe
way? ) data and plot it in graph on weekly basis for trend provision
Pls suggest way that I can start with, thx.

Bgds,
Do

--
gorfongPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup acces

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can open a CSV in Excel by doing file=Open and selecting your file

In VBA

workbooks.Open "C:\Data\20050101.CSV"

I would suggest you name the file CSV instead of text - otherwise you would
have to use the open text method.

You could set up a template that already has all the analysis you want set
up. then just paste the new data into that template.

Tom Ogilvy

"gorfong" <gorfong.1s0lub@ wrote in message

Not sure if Excel has this ability to do what I want.

Suppose I will have a CSV file file on daily basis, say put it into
c:\data\20050101.txt format.

Is it possible for Excel to import the csv ( maybe by Macro , or other
way? ) data and plot it in graph on weekly basis for trend provision?
Pls suggest way that I can start with, thx.

Bgds,
Don

--
gorfongPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Excel will open the CSV directly and load the data into a worksheet. Add a
graph by storing the VBA code in your personal.xls if the data is in the
same place then use the macro recorder to create the VBA. If the data
varies in length then post again with some more information about data and
graphics required.

--
Cheers
Nigel