Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Forms Textbox and Assign Macro

I have a textbox created from the forms toolbar, floating on a worksheet
(it's not in a form).
I want to be able to enter text in this box, and then, when I change the
focus back to the sheet (or, better, press TAB), a macro is launched.
I am able to Assign a Macro to the textbox, but when I click the textbox
(to enter text), the macro launches. Now I have to rightclick to select
the text box and enter text. Not ideal.

Is there some way of capturing the shift in focus from the textbox to the
worksheet in a worksheet event? Or is there another way?

I know I can do this with a Controls Textbox, but I'd like to stick with
the Forms one if I can (I have other stuff based on it).

Is what I'm seeking possible?
Thanks in advance,
------------------
Darren
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't think that there's a way to determine where you just came from.

Maybe it would be simpler to just add a small button next to the textbox that
can be clicked on to run the macro.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:29:17 +0100, Dave Peterson
wrote:

I don't think that there's a way to determine where you just came from.

Maybe it would be simpler to just add a small button next to the textbox
that
can be clicked on to run the macro.

Aha, ingenious :)
The simple solutions are the best.

------------------
Darren
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dave,

use the textbox from the Control Toolbox, not the Forms toolbox, but
you'll see a lot more events and possibilities (use the LostFocus event
for your macro).

Dm Unseen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

But the OP wrote this:

I know I can do this with a Controls Textbox, but I'd like to stick with
the Forms one if I can (I have other stuff based on it).

(And I'm pretty sure that he meant Drawing toolbar, though.)

DM Unseen wrote:

Dave,

use the textbox from the Control Toolbox, not the Forms toolbox, but
you'll see a lot more events and possibilities (use the LostFocus event
for your macro).

Dm Unseen

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

OK, dind't read carefully enough:)

Maybe an idea is to link the control to a cell and use the SheetChange
event on that cell. less pretty but still workable.

Dm Unseen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 14:05:59 +0100, Dave Peterson
wrote:

But the OP wrote this:

I know I can do this with a Controls Textbox, but I'd like to stick with
the Forms one if I can (I have other stuff based on it).

(And I'm pretty sure that he meant Drawing toolbar, though.)

Oh yeah, you're right.

Darren
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 14:22:24 +0100, DM Unseen wrote:

OK, dind't read carefully enough:)

Maybe an idea is to link the control to a cell and use the SheetChange
event on that cell. less pretty but still workable.

The text box is transparent and floating on top of a picture (which
contains a visual representation of a box), which is why I can't use a
cell.

Darren