Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default TextBox calculation

Hello,

I have 3 textboxes (Labour, Materials and Total)

I am trying to get the totalcharge textbox to show sum of labour +
materials after labour change and/or materials change but it this is
what happens:

Labour = £10.00
Materials = £5.00
Total = £10.005 (Instead of just £15.00)
and if i tab back up to the labour box the totalcharge value changes
again to £10.00£5.00

my code is:

Private Sub Labour_AfterUpdate()
TotalCharge.Text = Labour.Value + Materials.Value
Labour.Text = Format(Labour.Value, "£###,,###.00")
End Sub
Private Sub materials_AfterUpdate()
TotalCharge.Text = Labour.Value + Materials.Value
Materials.Text = Format(Materials.Value, "£###,,###.00")
End Sub

I'm not really sure when to use .text or .value either
any help would be really appreciated!!

thanks

--
johncassell