Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Adding to acurrent Excel menu

Hi
A long time ago I knew how to add a new menu to an existing menu bar..It
seems that I forgot.
There was no VBA or VB.NET

You laid our the menu on a spreadsheet in 3 or 4 columns
Col 1 was the heading, col 2 was the action etc
then you highlighted the entire page, gave it a name and away you went.
Can anyone help me with this.
I sure need help
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe this ?

See also
http://www.rondebruin.com/menuid.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"PCOR" wrote in message ...
Hi
A long time ago I knew how to add a new menu to an existing menu bar..It seems that I forgot.
There was no VBA or VB.NET

You laid our the menu on a spreadsheet in 3 or 4 columns
Col 1 was the heading, col 2 was the action etc
then you highlighted the entire page, gave it a name and away you went.
Can anyone help me with this.
I sure need help
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In Excel 5/95, there was a menu editor. In xl97 up to the current edition,
they changed to commandbars. Now do tools=customize and you can customize
you menus using drag and drop as long as the dialog stays open. Look at the
second tab of the dialog to use built in controls or create you own
customized control After you drag a custom button into place, you can
right click on it for further options such as editing the bitmap and
assigning macros.

Tom Ogilvy