Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Bundling Solver with Excel File

Hi all, is there a way I can "bundle/package" solver with the Excel
file that I am creating? This is to save the user from having to add
the reference to solver manually and to avoid any problems if they
don't have solver... thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I dont see a real legal problem. Simplistic: If your user has excel,
he can install solver thus has a license.

HOWEVER:
solver addin is localized.
solver addin probably has version differences..

I'd just give m a notice that solver addin
MUST be installed via Office Setup.

Then I set a reference in my project to solver.xla,
to ensure loading.

To code for checking that the reference is not missing,
you have your next problem... you need access to VBIDE
which may be prevented by a security setting.
Trust access to Visual Basic Project

--
keepITcool

wrote :

Hi all, is there a way I can "bundle/package" solver with the Excel
file that I am creating? This is to save the user from having to add
the reference to solver manually and to avoid any problems if they
don't have solver... thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bundling Solver -- even if it were technically possible and legally
permissible -- will do absolutely nothing to avoid the issue of