Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Print splitting...

Hi!
I need a simple peace of code:
I have a xls with huge list with adress, names postal codes etc., and I
need to to split it to print on envelopes, sample like: take first row;
col a., - row xx colyy; col b rowx1y1; etc.; print; goto row+1;
repeat.till end of string.

Have anybody ide how to do this, or (I guess it exist) have someone
seen script like this in the net ???

Please give me some advice.

Respectly: Eric Rain

--
EricRain
EricRain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24485

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

EricRain wrote:
Hi!
I need a simple peace of code:
I have a xls with huge list with adress, names postal codes etc., and
I need to to split it to print on envelopes, sample like: take first
row; col a., - row xx colyy; col b rowx1y1; etc.; print; goto row+1;
repeat.till end of string.

Have anybody ide how to do this, or (I guess it exist) have someone
seen script like this in the net ???

You could use MS Word and do a mail merge with your excel list as the source
data.

or maybe I'm misunderstanding the question?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Probably the easiest would be to use the Microsoft Word Mail Merge or
Envelop options under the Tools menu ( then Letters and Mailings in word
2003) I believe. You can cite your Excel Data as the source.

This will be much more robust than any macro in Excel.

Tom Ogilvy

"EricRain" wrote in
message ...

Hi!
I need a simple peace of code:
I have a xls with huge list with adress, names postal codes etc., and I
need to to split it to print on envelopes, sample like: take first row;
col a., - row xx colyy; col b rowx1y1; etc.; print; goto row+1;
repeat.till end of string.

Have anybody ide how to do this, or (I guess it exist) have someone
seen script like this in the net ???

Please give me some advice.

Respectly: Eric Rain

--
EricRain
EricRain's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=380845

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mailmerge in MS word can do this, it does have option to take data fro
exce

--
anilsolipura
anilsolipuram's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1627

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nope I need a bit different thing. So, I have :
|Name|Adress|Code|
|Name|Adress|Code|
|Name|Adress|Code|

ANd I need to split it in a way like that:

|Name |Name | Name |
|Adress|Adress|Adress|
|Code |Code |Code |

To print on a sticks... Any ideas ????

--
EricRain
EricRain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24485
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=380845

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Comeone , I realy need your help.... Maybe something

--
EricRai
EricRain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2448

splitting name mtin Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 November 7th 08 07:00 PM
Splitting Tree*Rat New Users to Excel 3 October 21st 08 12:55 PM
splitting Last Name, First Name buggles Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 November 15th 07 01:07 AM
print excel spreadsheet splitting cell contents on multiple pages vrm7620 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 October 27th 06 05:25 PM
splitting first and surnames mattguerilla Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 April 5th 06 12:31 PM