Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Setting up a List Box

Ok,
I am new to programming within Excel, so I know this question will not be
very tough.

I want to set up a List Box with the following conditions:
1. The data is listed on another worksheet within the same file.
2. I want the user to select a value from the list and have only that value
appear
3. I want to setup three List Boxes within the same sheet that allow the
user to select that item and have only that item appear.

I am using Excel 2000. And I am NOT a programmer at all. :-)

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

-Chuck
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Chuck,

maj chuck wrote:
I want to set up a List Box with the following conditions:
1. The data is listed on another worksheet within the same file.
2. I want the user to select a value from the list and have only
that value appear
3. I want to setup three List Boxes within the same sheet that allow
the user to select that item and have only that item appear.

If you're using ActiveX listboxes, then you can right-click it, select
properties, and set the ListFillRange and LinkedCell properties. If, for
example, your other worksheet is named "ListData" and you want the list to
use values from A1:A10 on that sheet, you would set the ListFillRange to
ListData!A1:A10. If you want the selected value to appear in cell A1 of the
current worksheet, you would set the LinkedCell property to A1.

If you're using Forms listboxes, then you can right-click it, select Format
Control, and on the Control tab enter or select the Input range and Cell
link accordingly.

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jake....thanks a lot for the help. I kept thinking there was a more simple
method
of getting the list box to work rather than writing VB code.

Thanks again.

"Jake Marx" wrote:

Hi Chuck,