Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
pjw pjw is offline

Default Placing a form inside of a form

Does anybody know how to place a form inside of a form in Excel?

I have one form with buttons that perform "click events". I would lik
to place another form on (in) this form. Can it be done?

Thank

--
pj
pjw's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2439

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

pjw,

You might want to look at the MultiPage control.

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"pjw" wrote in
message ...
Does anybody know how to place a form inside of a form in Excel?
I have one form with buttons that perform "click events". I would like
to place another form on (in) this form. Can it be done?
Thanks
pjw

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I just did this in my form not 20min. ago (very excited about figuring it
out.) so let me finally be the one to help.

In your form create a button that you want the user to push to open the new
form.
The code behind this button would look something like this
Private Sub cmdViewfrmPickInv_Click()
Unload Me
frmPickInv.Show False
End Sub
Hope this helps! It works great for me. Jennifer
--
Though daily learning, I LOVE EXCEL!
Jennifer

"pjw" wrote:

Does anybody know how to place a form inside of a form in Excel?

I have one form with buttons that perform "click events". I would like
to place another form on (in) this form. Can it be done?

Thanks

--
pjw
pjw's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24394
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=379972

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can open another form that is postioned over an existing form, in the
initialize event of the first form use

Load Userform2

this makes the controls on userform2 available to your program, but not
visible or accessile to the user. So you can set values, fill lists etc.,
and the form sits in memory ready for use. Then when you want the second
form to be activated use

Userform2.Show False (False sets the form modeless, in xl97 use -
Userform2.Show - as all forms are modeless)

The second form takes focus, the first form controls are no longer active
yet visible. You should remove the title bar of the second form to prevent
it being moved relative to the first form (and for aesthetic reasons?).
When Userform2 is no longer required (to be user accessible) use

Userform2.Hide

Controls on both forms can still be accessed programmatically until you
finally to get rid of them using

Unload Userform2
Unload Userform1

--
Cheers
Nigel

"pjw" wrote in message

Does anybody know how to place a form inside of a form in Excel?

I have one form with buttons that perform "click events". I would like
to place another form on (in) this form. Can it be done?

Thanks

--
pjw
pjw's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=379972

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Pjw,

If you are asking whether a Form can display a Form inside it, say like
a worksheet is displayed in Excel, then the answer is no. A Form a is
actually a Dialog Window. This type of Window doesn't support Multiple
Document Interface (MDI) or displaying Windows within a Window. This
can be done in Visual Basic but not Visual Basic for Applications.

Jim's suggestion is as a good one if you want to have a single "Form"
with one or more"forms" with separate controls and displays . Each
"Form" is selected by a tab.

Jennifer's suggestion will allow you to display an entirely separate
form.It is the simpliest to implement and is a flexible solution. I use
both. Which one I use depends on what will work best for the user.

On a side note, you can embed a object into a User Form, such as, an
Excel Chart or spreadsheet, or a Word document. However, this a subject
best left for a later time, though.

Hope this answers a few question.

Sincerely,
Leith Ross