Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
eed eed is offline

Default how to update a pivot table on shared workbook

I have a few pivot tables on a shared workbook. I have it set to refresh
when the workbook is open, which that works until I Share the workbook.
After its shared, it will no longer update/refresh. Is there a way to do
this or possible? Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sharing a workbook disables lots of features. If you look in Excel's help for:
Features that are unavailable in shared workbooks

You'll see refreshing a pivottable is one of those features.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In a shared workbook, you can view existing pivot tables, but you can't
create a new one, or change or refresh an existing one.

Perhaps you could build the pivot table in a different workbook, linked to
the data in the shared workbook.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List