Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA Recording wrong... whats the deal?

I am trying to record a the creation of a pivot table and appropriat
fields, but the recorder is not capturing it right because an error i
occuring.

Error:
RTE: 1004
Unable to get the PivotFields property of the pivottable class

Section (ERROR at face):
Sheets.Add
ActiveWorkbook.PivotCaches.Add(SourceType:=xlDatab ase, SourceData:
_
"'Multiple Item BOMs'!C1:C13").CreatePivotTabl
TableDestination:=Range("A3") _
, TableName:="PivotTable6"
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable6").SmallGrid = False
With ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable6").PivotFields ("ASSY")

.Orientation = xlColumnField
.Position = 1
End With

The only thing I could maybe think is that the table's name is bein
called improperly. Sorry if this is dumb... I'm still quite new t
VBA. Thanks

--
McManCS
McManCSU's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2437