Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Save As macro

I want to open a template, fill in some info, and then run a macro t
save as a certain name.

For example, after I open the template, I will type in John Smith in A
and 6/7/05 in B1. I want to run a macro that will automatically sav
that template as "JS060705.xls".

How can I do that

--
Tha BeatMake
Tha BeatMaker's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2399

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tha BeatMaker Wrote:
I want to open a template, fill in some info, and then run a macro to
save as a certain name.

For example, after I open the template, I will type in John Smith in A1
and 6/7/05 in B1. I want to run a macro that will automatically save
that template as "JS060705.xls".

How can I do that?

Put a button on the template file. Assign the following macro to the
button:

Code:
--------------------
Sub Button1_Click()
Dim dt
Dim nm
nm = Range("A1").Value
nm = Left$(nm,1) & Mid$(nm,InStr(nm," ")+1,1)
dt = DateValue(Range("B1").Value)
dt = Format(dt,"MMDDYY")
Activeworkbook.SaveAs FileName: = nm & dt & ".xls"
End Sub

HTH

--
tkstock