Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Creating a virtual table in VBA Excel

Hi,

I want to do something, let's say nonconventional. Last fall, I studied
in a Java class, and we created virtal tables in memory where we put
data in it. It was purely an object in Eclipse Java program. No
database was supporting the data, only the object in memory. So you
could get one data by getting it in the precise row in my virtual table
when my list was done. It allowed me to creating dynamic tables, where
the number of data was not always the same one. Now I want to do it in
Excel VBA. You could say, "why bothering with that! Just throw thoses
damn values in cells and you'll get the result!" :) Well, I think it's
an interesting challenge, and it's simplier in my view once you know
the concept. So you can do lot's of mathematic equations with this
virtual table. So does anyone can point me something to help me on
virtual tables in memory?
Thanks

Jean-Jérôme Doucet

--
Werner
Werner's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24304

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Have you looked at using multidimensional arrays?
You could put your data into the array and then perform mathematical
operations on the array.

--
bhofsetz
bhofsetz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18807