Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default original messages in the reply

some persons when they reply to doubts they remove the original messages. If
somebody who is not the originator the doubts sees this reply he/she is
not able to find out to what doubt this is the reply. It would be better if
the whole thread is available in each message. this is relevant to all the
newsgroups.

I request any of the MVPs give their general advice on this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The problem is that in this case so much extraneous gumpf can be left on a
message. Imagine a thread with 50 responses in which each has the whole of
every previous thread.

Also consider the situation where two people reply to the same question. The
in effect open 2 sub-threads, the first will not contain the details in the
second, and vice versa, and nor will any subsequent responses to either
sub-thread
It is a difficult one to get right, but in general I think the best way is
to either keep just the previous item, that is the one that you are
responding to, or respond specifically to sections by embedding your
comments within their text, something like

and I reply

and he also said

to which I reply.

Some people also maintain that your response should be after the previous
post, but I find this messy and less helpful.

And don't forget, if threaded you should be able to see all previous

HTH

RP

"R.VENKATARAMAN" wrote in message
some persons when they reply to doubts they remove the original messages.

If
somebody who is not the originator the doubts sees this reply he/she is
not able to find out to what doubt this is the reply. It would be better

if
the whole thread is available in each message. this is relevant to all the
newsgroups.

I request any of the MVPs give their general advice on this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thank you Mr. Phillips for explaining the problem. Of course one way to go
to google groups search and see all the messages of that subject. anyhow I
understand the problem.