Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Complicated "what if, then" formulas

Now on to a more complicated "what if, then" formula. I am using th
formula for the technical analysis study Commodity Channel Index i
Excel to generate the very exact same values derived from Metastock-s
I know that everything is accurate to the one/hundredth. The CCI's mai
premise is that when the index value moves from a +100 value through th
100 threshold to the downside, that is a sell signal. And vice versa fo
the buy signal (when the index moves from a -100 value through the -10
threshold value to the upside, it generates a buy signal). What I a
trying to do is to predetermine what the price would be when the CC
index moves through the threshold value of -100 or +100. I can do th
input manually by increments, which is a tedious, time consuming task
What information is needed to assist me in writing formulas? Is anyon
out there willing to tackle this project and help me? Thanks, Bil

--
elviejo4
elviejo41's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2356

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

So you have a table with daily valueas of CCI in a column, right?
If it was more than 100 yesterday and it is less than 100 today it
means a sell signal and opos., right?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The CCI value may have a range from -300 to a + 300 for example. If CC
peaks at a +300 then turns down and passes through the +100 threshold
then that is supposedly a sell signal. The value now could be +87, an
then go back over +100, but that would constitute a recovery and
possible situation where a trader would have to determine if he shoul
"hold or fold." By it going back above +100 does not constitute a bu
signal. The buy signal is the reverse of the above mentioned. Suppos
the CCI is at -289 and goes through the -100 threshold, then that i
supposed to be a buy signal. What I am trying to determine is the pric
at which the CCI passes through the +100 threshold to the down side, an
at what price when the CCI passes through -100 to the upside. I ca
provide an Excel sheet with the calculations if you can instruct me o
how to do it. Thank