Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can I....

Write an Excel macro to programmatically create a url and then print
the webpage for that URL. Then can I have Excel create a new Word
document from a template and insert a bunch of Autotext?

If it's possible, I'll keep digging into VBA, but if not, then at
least I can stop dreaming. TIA!

Eugene

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The hyperlink part is straightforward, and can be done with just a few
lines of code.

Dim h As Hyperlink

Set h = ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add(Range("A1"), "http://www.yahoo.com")
h.Follow

Set h = Nothing

I'll let someone else answer the Word part of the question since I
haven't automated Word in a whole, but "Yes" it can be done.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You should be able to do the second part, too (after adding a reference to
the Word object model to your project):
Dim WordApp as Word.Application
Dim WordDoc as Document

Documents.Open FileName:=TemplateFilePath, Format:=wdFormatOpenTemplate

This opens the template, you can use the AutoTextEntry.Insert method to
insert the autotext

Hope you can take it from there...

"Nick Hebb" wrote:

The hyperlink part is straightforward, and can be done with just a few
lines of code.

Dim h As Hyperlink

Set h = ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add(Range("A1"), "http://www.yahoo.com")
h.Follow

Set h = Nothing

I'll let someone else answer the Word part of the question since I
haven't automated Word in a whole, but "Yes" it can be done.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nick, that code works, but I found another problem that prevents me
from doing what I really want to do. The cookies or whatever, for
the system I'm linking to, only seems to work for the window that
created it, and whatever windows it creates. Even if a web browser
window is already opened and logged in, if I open another window via
this code, it doesn't get the authentication from the first window.
I'm sure it's just the way the cookies are setup, so I have to see if
I can get the web guys to change that before I can do what I really
want to do. If this was a real program, I'd use my program to
manipulate that window so it logs in every time, and then goes
forward to the page that I really want to get to. There isn't a way
of doing that in Excel is there?

I might just have to ask my boss for a copy of Delphi or Visual
Studio...

Eugene