Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Colours in pivot tables

Hi guys :)
I have a question regarding pivot tables.
I have a pivot with a number of items across the rows, this makes it
rather difficult to read - is there an easy way to have the background
colour changed across the rows for every change in the pivot field
across column a, b and c ?

Let me know if this doesnt make sense ?! :)

AMy xx

--
AmyTaylor
AmyTaylor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20970

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Amy,

the easiest way to accomplish this is to choose from one of the pivo
table's autoformatting options. To do this, right-click anywhere on th
pivot table, select "Format Report" and choose one of the options tha
shows alternate column background colors.

Hope this helps

--
Kre
Krem's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2434

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Krem, thanks for your speedy reply :)

I dont seem to have that option, when I right click I get a range o
options but nothing for formating colours.
I am using Excel 2002.

Any other suggestions ? Thanks
Amy x

--
AmyTaylo
AmyTaylor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2097

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Unfortunately I only have Excel 2000 installed on this machine. Howeve
you can also try this: select any cell on the pivot table, go to th
'Format' menu, and select 'AutoFormat...'

--
Kre
Krem's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2434
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37943

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Krem, thanks for your 2nd reply, I have tried the auto format feature
and whilst not ideal it certainly gives me some options.
Thanks for your help :)
Amy x