Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default pivot field of fields

posted in Worksheet Functions, but never know where pivots fit best...

Not sure if this will explain well, but I have four fields which I'd like to
show groupings by (each individually). I don't want to make four tables, and
my user is not sophisticated enough to drag and drop the different groupings.
I'd like to have a dropdown that lists the name of the four different
fields, and by selecting one of those values (which are fields names), that
field name is the one that becomes the row area. I suppose that one way
might be to use the views in Excel, but not sure that would do it, nor if
that's the best way.

Thx for any thoughts.

--
Boris