Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default paste grays out after function performed

hello,
i made some code to do some background calculations in my excel sheet.
but very strange: when i open the excel the first time i can paste
cells from another workbook. after the functions are performed, i see
the paste button is grayed out and when i try to copy from another
workbook it doesnt work. pasting from another worksheet in the same
workbook everything is ok....
i don't get it!
anyone knows what to do???
thanks in advance.

--
stt_d31
stt_d31's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24040

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

When a macro runs it clears out the clipboard so whatever you copied can not
be pasted. As a guess you have an event that is firing (even if it is doing
nothing) and whatever you have copied is getting wiped out. Check out your
activate/deactivate and change events to see if you have any macros that are
firing...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"stt_d31" wrote:

hello,
i made some code to do some background calculations in my excel sheet.
but very strange: when i open the excel the first time i can paste
cells from another workbook. after the functions are performed, i see
the paste button is grayed out and when i try to copy from another
workbook it doesnt work. pasting from another worksheet in the same
workbook everything is ok....
i don't get it!
anyone knows what to do???
thanks in advance.

--
stt_d31
stt_d31's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24040
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=379150

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

the problem becomes more weird every minute:

when i open my excel workbook (with some vba functions) i can
copy/paste from whatever worksheet in this workbook i want as a much as
i want.

when i open a new excel sheet by choosing FileNew frow within my excel
workbook, i can do paste from that new workbook only once. Thereafter
the paste and paste special tool becomes grayed out in my workbook.

when i open a new excel sheet by choosing "Windows Start""Excel"
(opening excel by clicking the windows shortcut) so also a new
worksheet is opened, i can do copy paste back again as much as i want
!!!

anyone understands this weird behaviour?