Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Matching data rows from two different sheets into a new a new one

Hi,

I am not advanced at programming macros manually. The macro I need to create
need to search into a database from two diffrent sheets, "UE" and "PI" and to
copy the rows of "PI" that match the UE IDU (Identification). A UE IDU
correspond to a building and PI rows corresponding to this IDU are housings
inside the buiding. The number of housing depends of the buiding. One UE
could have 3 or 4 or even 100 housings. So in details what is used to do the
matching is the IDU colomn in colomn "A" of sheets "UE" and "PI". You could
call that an index I think. Then, all the matching rows of "PI", from colomn
"B" to colomn to "AD" of sheet "PI" must be written in a sheet named
"Formulaire" (French name for form), starting from cell A12. So the matching
rows of "PI", starting from A8 to a range AD8000, must be listed in sheet
"formulaire" at A12 and folowwing rows without the A colomn IDU from "PI" (I
need colomn B to AD from "PI" to be displayed in sheet "formulaire".). Oh,
and for the IDU we want to throw in the search, he is located at cell AB2 of
sheet "Formulaire".

I know it's a looping for next with condition if and a break when there's no
more data written (data that will increase in term of rows monthly) and then
copying the matching rows into a selected area (A12 to AC8000 (without "PI"'s
colomn "A" IDU)). It's just on the exact lines of code that I am stuck. I
would be really glad if you could help me on that one guys.
Thanks!

Jean-Jérôme Doucet
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I add a link to a sample of my Excel workbook to help any of you.

http://agora.ulaval.ca/~jjdou/Loclis04sample.zip

Thanks!

JJD