Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

Default Truncating Ctrl-shift Edit CopyPicture

Hi All......

I have the following code,

Windows("ChucksDPMcalcsMasterC.xls").Activate
Application.GoTo Reference:="Print30230_2"
Selection.CopyPicture Appearance:=xlScreen, Format:=xlPicture
Windows("MonthXX_XXXXXblank.xls").Activate
Sheets("Trends").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste

It's brute-force, but works fine, except that it truncates the range I am
trying to copy. The size of the range is only J100:AC148, but still it gets
truncated. It worked perfectly when I first designed it, but someone
increased some column widths within the range and then it started truncating,
without any notice except some of the data was missing. Does anyone know
what the limits are of this CopyPicture feature, both in height and width?

TIA
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Chuck,

When Excel pastes data from the source to the destination, the cell
must match in size. Since someone increased the column widths in th
original range "Print30230_2" , then the destination range "Trends
needs to be changed as well. Otherwise, Excel will truncate the dat
being pasted.

Sincerely,
Leith Ros

--
Leith Ros
Leith Ross's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1846

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

Hi Leith.....

Thanks for the response, but in this case the "rejection" takes place even
befpre the destination is determined. Without VBA, if I just highlight the
area and do Ctrl-Shift Edit CopyPicture, I get the error message
announcing the truncation.....

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Leith Ross" wrote:

Hello Chuck,

When Excel pastes data from the source to the destination, the cells
must match in size. Since someone increased the column widths in the
original range "Print30230_2" , then the destination range "Trends"
needs to be changed as well. Otherwise, Excel will truncate the data
being pasted.

Sincerely,
Leith Ross

--