Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Change column Delimiter programmatically

Hi,

I would like to know in which property Excel stores the column delimiter?
The default setting is tabulator but once the "Convert Text to Columns
Wizard" (Menu "Data/Text to Columns...") has been run with selecting another
delimiter, this setting is stored in this Excel instance and I don't know
how to reset it programmatically.

Regards
Christian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Define ALL parameters in your call.

If you just want to "reset" for the user
make a 'dummy' call on an empty cell.
you need to give it a value first else the method will fail

Sub ResetTTC()
With ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Resize(1). _
Offset(ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count)
.Value = "x"
.TextToColumns _
Tab:=True, Semicolon:=False, Comma:=False, Space:=False, _
Other:=False, OtherChar:=vbNullString, _
Destination:=.Cells(1)
.Clear
End With

keepITcool