Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help with active X combo box

I have managed to add it and define the list etc but I must have
inadvertently changed some property and the list appears to the right of the
combo and is just a thin sliver (can't read the names). I have been through
all the properties and none of them seem to affect it. The list width is the
obvious one but it doesn't seem to work. Anyone any ideas how to get it in
the right position and right width?

Thanks, Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is this combobox on a worksheet, or a userform (the properties are slightly
different).
The main properties that would affect the list are the RowSource (or
ListFillRange), ColumnCount, ColumnWidths, and TextAlign. From what you are
describing I am guessing you have multiple columns but the first one (or at
least the first one showing) is blank, so that squeezes the column you
actually want to see off to the right and almost completely off the list.
You need to look carefully at your rowsource. If the column you want to see
is the second column in the rowsource, set the width of the first one to
zero, for example ColumnWidths = 0";1.5"