Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Dropdown box in a cell

How do I create a dropdown box in a cell ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You probably mean Data Validation. See

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Man Utd" wrote in message
How do I create a dropdown box in a cell ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

One way:
Select cell, go to Data Validation. select list and then the sourc
for the list

Manges

--
mangesh_yada
mangesh_yadav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1047

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Set up DV for all those cells.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Man Utd" wrote in message
This can be done at design time, because I may have 10, 20 or even 100

cells
need this drop down list, how do I do that programmatically when I click

the
cell in a particular column, for example, from C10 to C100, if the user
click these cells, the dropdownlist will appear ?

"mangesh_yadav"

wrote in message
news:mangesh_yadav.1qlzmg_1118739936.1606@excelfor um-nospam.com...

One way:
Select cell, go to Data Validation. select list and then the source
for the list

Mangesh

--
mangesh_yadav
mangesh_yadav's Profile:

View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

wrote in message
news:mangesh_yadav.1qlzmg_1118739936.1606@excelfor um-nospam.com...

One way:
Select cell, go to Data Validation. select list and then the source
for the list

Mangesh

--
mangesh_yadav
mangesh_yadav's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=378908

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for your advice.
Now I have another question:
I have a data list in workshet 1 like the following:

Code Session Food Price
--------------------------------
001 Breakfast Milk $2
002 Breakfast Cereal $3
003 Breakfast Bread $1
004 Lunch Vegetable $3
005 Lunch Rice $5
006 Dinner Rice $6
007 Dinner Wine $10

What I need to do is in worksheet 2, I have 4 columns have the above
headers, when the user click the cell in Session column, I need to populate
a dropdown list of the Sessions (ie Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
Once the user selected the session, I need to populate the dropdown list in
the Food column for the Session.
After the Food has been selected, I need to fill in the Code and the Price
cells.

So the user select the Session, then the Food and I need to find the Code
and the Price.

How do I do the Food dropdown list fill in ?
And the search of the Code and Price for a particular food ?

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Set up DV for all those cells.

--
HTH