Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can I embed a WORD document in an EXCEL spreadsheet cell

I want to set up a spreadsheet in which I can click on a cell and open up a
separate word document for each cell. Can it be done
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, if the path to the files is continuously available, you can insert a
hyperlink into each cell. Rt-click the cell and select insert hyperlink, it
is pretty straightforward.

If the paths are not (or will not be) available, you need to embed the word
docs. Choose Object from the Insert menu, click "Create From File" tab, and
select the file. Check the "Display As Icon" check box. Be sure to later
resize it and rt-click it to "Format object. The properties tab has "move
and size with cells", this may be helpful.

Bill