Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default finding the number of rows and the first row with a specific value

Last row

iLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count,"A").End(xlUp).Row

First 1

On Error Resume Next
Set oCell = Columns(1).Find 1
On Error Goto 0
If Not oCell Is Nothing Then

HTH

RP

"Bruce Bowler" wrote in message

I have a bunch of spreadsheets where I want to

sort the entire sheet on column A and then column B (that part I can
handle)

The I want to find the first row in column A that has a 1 in it and

move
everything from that row thru the last row into a new sheet in the

same
workbook.

I know how to do it all manually, but since there are a bunch of these
files I'd like to do it in VBA. The part I'm not quite sure how to do
efficiently (I know how to do it inefficiently) is find the row number

of
the last row and the row number of the first row that has a 1 in

column A.

Any help and/or pointers would be appreciated...

Excel 2003 if it matters.

Thanks!
Bruce

--