Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Ontime procedures

I am currently recalculating my application every "00:00:01" (1 second)
Using the Ontime Procedure. How can I increase this to quarter
seconds. My Ontime function doesnt seem to allow sub 1 second updates.
Any ideas??? Tnxs:)

--
ironmouse
ironmouse's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=9076

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

see:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm

concentrate on the WindowsTimers (APIs)
note they work a bit different that OnTime.
Procedures scheduled with Ontime need to reschedule themselves

With SetTimer you set it once, and it will run every x milliseconds
and keep running until Killed.

Just make sure you kill it before closing the workbook or quitting
excel. Also be sure to include some form of errorhandling.
else you're in for some crashes...

--
keepITcool

ironmouse wrote :

I am currently recalculating my application every "00:00:01" (1
second) Using the Ontime Procedure. How can I increase this to
quarter seconds. My Ontime function doesnt seem to allow sub 1
second updates. Any ideas??? Tnxs:)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello IronMouse,

The OnTime procedure only counts in seconds. To get sub seconds (like
milliseconds) you would have to use the API SetTimer function. This is
more complicated than using OnTime. You can use Google to find plenty
of examples and decide for yourself if this is an avenue you would like
to take.

--
Leith Ross

Leith Ross's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18465
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=378470

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I found some stuff from Pearson Software. Works perfectly.
tnx Pearsons if your watching.