Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pivot table is not refreshing problem

Hello,
Excel 2003

I have a problem with pivot tables not always refreshing properly. Data
is collected from a database into a worksheet.
When the pivot table that is based on this sheet is refreshed it does
not reflect all the changes ( some are taken , others not ??? )
If I add a new pivot table based on the same date , everything is
taken

any idea?

thanks in advance

Ghislain Borremans

--
ghislain
ghislain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16656

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Your pivot is based on a worksheet
the worksheet is based on a query.

Either:
Base your Pivot on the query directly
OR:
make sure that when the pivot refreshes
the query is refreshed first..

--
keepITcool

ghislain wrote :

Hello,
Excel 2003

I have a problem with pivot tables not always refreshing properly.
Data is collected from a database into a worksheet.
When the pivot table that is based on this sheet is refreshed it does
not reflect all the changes ( some are taken , others not ??? )
If I add a new pivot table based on the same date , everything is
taken

any idea?

thanks in advance

Ghislain Borremans

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The query is updated first and some data are taken from the updated info
but not all, only if I make the pivot table again

--
ghislain
ghislain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16656
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=378024

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

read my earlier suggestion to base the pivot on the query directly.

if you STILL want to base the pivot on range with
the querytable THEN use the query's range NAME not the address.

the address remains fixed when the query returns more (or less data)
the RANGE name is updated when the query refreshes.

3rd option define your own "dynamic name" to
refer to the range of the querytable.

Dynamic name is a defined name where the refersto is a formula like:
=OFFSET(data!$a$1,0,0,counta(data!$A:$A),counta(da ta!$1:$1))

--
keepITcool