Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Update Columns based on External Text file

Hello....

I have a Spreadsheet with some 500 lines of data in it.

Let's say in COLUMN C I have an IP address... I have an external file,
one IP address per line. I'd like to find a script that will look at
the IP address in the external file, and if it finds a match, a given
IP address in COLUMN C matches an IP address in the external file,
UPDATE COLUMN A with "Yes".

Then, if possible, it would update COLUMN A with a "NO" if not IP
matches.

Im new to Excel spripting. Thanks for any help.

This is on Windows (despite my screen-name).

--
iMacFlats
iMacFlats's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24162

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If it's easier, I can copy the list in the external file and put it int
a different tab in the spreadsheet

--
iMacFlat
iMacFlats's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2416