Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Data Parsing

Can't seem to get this data straight, here's the problem:

I'm importing from a .TXT file into Excel and I'm importing it into
columns etc.
The problem is, there are a series of 10-digit numbers that are being
imported however they are not including the decimal points. For
example:

Data will read 0000000008
And Should Read 0.08$

I'm messed around with some formatting options but it seems that it is
not working. I set the Application.FixedDecimals = 2 (or whatever it's
called, i'm not at my program right now)
This seems to work, but it will not alter the data on import, it will
only format it correctly if I double-click the cell.

Needless to say, I just don't want to mess with it anymore, does anyone
know the command off hand that will allow me to parse the string from
the start and automatically add a decimal point at place 8 in the
string?

Thanks,
Garrett (MIS)

--
prepotency
prepotency's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24155

Parsing Data with Javier Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 June 27th 06 06:21 PM
Help With Parsing Data Saxman Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 December 27th 05 02:39 PM
Parsing Data Saxman Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 December 8th 05 08:31 AM
Parsing Data Amit Excel Programming 1 February 13th 04 07:32 PM
Parsing Data MGAL Excel Programming 5 January 20th 04 03:08 AM