Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Dynamic input range

Thanks in advance!

Is there a way how to change input range of combo box (I mean the one
from forms toolbox) without any code, macro etc. just by using
furmulas? (indirect, offset, address)
Any experiences?

Good day!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Roman,

if your combobox is taking its source from a range, you can define the range
as a named range (insert - name - define) and use this as the formula for
the range

=offset($A$1,0,0,counta($A:$A),1)

this will give you a range of all contiguous used cells in column A,
starting from A1
if there are blank cells in the range you will need to modify the
counta($A:$A)+(number of blank cells)

hth

"Roman" wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Is there a way how to change input range of combo box (I mean the one
from forms toolbox) without any code, macro etc. just by using
furmulas? (indirect, offset, address)
Any experiences?

Good day!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Actually I mean the one from forms toolBAR!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I've got it. Thanks much!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

ahh - for that (as far as i know - i could be wrong) you would have to use
code in order to get the 'source' to display in the combo box

however, you can still use the method i described to keep your range up to
date.

something like

combobox1.clear
for each c in Range("MyNamedRange")
combobox.additem(c)
next
combobox.listindex=0

would put each cell that is in MyNamedRange as an element in combobox1

if anyone else has suggestions or solution, i'd like to learn too =)

hth

"Roman" wrote:

Actually I mean the one from forms toolBAR!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No, no, no - your answer is exactly what I wanted to know.
But I messed it up with boxes and bars etc.
Thanks again and have a good day.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hehe - ok. i guess i was confused =)

glad i could help!

"Roman" wrote:

No, no, no - your answer is exactly what I wanted to know.
But I messed it up with boxes and bars etc.
Thanks again and have a good day.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Unfortunately it doesn't work...

So again Is there a way how to change input range of combo box (I mean
the one
from forms toolbar) without any code, macro etc.

Usually I change the data in a defined input range, but is there an
opposite way?

Thank you.