-   -   How to get font of particulat word in text inside a cell? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/331293-how-get-font-particulat-word-text-inside-cell.html)

Laguna

How to get font of particulat word in text inside a cell?

I have known that we can get the font,bold, size for whole text in a cell
but after doing string operation
eg.
abc = "i am a man" /* man is bolded originally
abc = Left(abc, 3), the original bold

when I copy the string "abc" to another cell
it lost the bolded format

I am using excel 2000 VBA
how to preserve the font style when doing copy and string operation?

thank you for your help!!

Vasant Nanavati

How to get font of particulat word in text inside a cell?

A string is just a string; no formatting is attached. How do you get a
partially bold string for:

abc = "i am a man" /* man is bolded originally

?
--

Vasant

"Laguna" wrote in message
I have known that we can get the font,bold, size for whole text in a cell
but after doing string operation
eg.
abc = "i am a man" /* man is bolded originally
abc = Left(abc, 3), the original bold

when I copy the string "abc" to another cell
it lost the bolded format

I am using excel 2000 VBA
how to preserve the font style when doing copy and string operation?

thank you for your help!!

Tim Williams

How to get font of particulat word in text inside a cell?

Copy and paste the cell and then remove the end of the copied cell's
value - if you really meant "Left()"

Tim.