Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Editing controls after testing

This is probably a really basic answer, but I'm pulling my hair out... Here's
a "for example":

I'm trying to create a form, and I added a checkbox. If the box is checked,
set cell B5 to "10".

I added the control. Double clicked to bring up VB Editor. Wrote the code
under "CheckBox1_Click", then ran the code to test it. It ran without
errors, so I went back to the workbook and saw that it worked perfectly,
except I put the checkbox slightly overlapping B5, so I need to move the
control. Except now I can't select the control anymore! It either checks or
unchecks it. I can't move it, I can't set properties for it, etc. How do I
get back to the "editing" status of the control rather than the "usage"
status?

I know this has got to be a really stupid answer - there's no way that just
testing code would make the object no longer edit-able. I just can't figure
out how to get back to edit mode. HELP! TIA,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

View|Toolbars|Visual Basic then click the 'Design Mode' button.
(triangle/ruler icon)

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"twintrbl" wrote:
| This is probably a really basic answer, but I'm pulling my hair out...
Here's
| a "for example":
|
| I'm trying to create a form, and I added a checkbox. If the box is
checked,
| set cell B5 to "10".
|
| I added the control. Double clicked to bring up VB Editor. Wrote the code
| under "CheckBox1_Click", then ran the code to test it. It ran without
| errors, so I went back to the workbook and saw that it worked perfectly,
| except I put the checkbox slightly overlapping B5, so I need to move the
| control. Except now I can't select the control anymore! It either checks
or
| unchecks it. I can't move it, I can't set properties for it, etc. How do I
| get back to the "editing" status of the control rather than the "usage"
| status?
|
| I know this has got to be a really stupid answer - there's no way that
just
| testing code would make the object no longer edit-able. I just can't
figure
| out how to get back to edit mode. HELP! TIA,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is a checkbox from the control toolbox toolbar placed onto a worksheet
that's designed to look like a form???

If yes, show that control toolbox toolbar and click on the "design mode" icon.

Then you can do what you want.

(Clicking on the design mode icon will toggle it off, too.)

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In the upper left corner of the Control Toolbox toolbar that you used to
add the checkbox you'll see a button called "Design Mode" click this button
when you want to be able to edit controls, unclick it when you want them to
operate normally.

--
Rob Bovey, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

* Take your Excel development skills to the next level.
* Professional Excel Development
http://www.appspro.com/Books/Books.htm