Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default macro to transfer info

Try this:

Copy this code into the code window for Sheet
Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As
Boolean)
Dim GoOn
If Target.Column = 1 And Target.Value < "" Then
GoOn = MsgBox("Copy Vendor Info?", vbOKCancel)
If GoOn < vbOK Then
Exit Sub
Else
CopyVendorInfo

Copy this code into a regular modul
Sub CopyVendorInfo()
Dim BlankCell As Integer

ActiveCell.EntireRow.Copy
Sheet2.Select
BlankCell = Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA(Sheet2.Range( "A:A")) + 1
Sheet2.Cells(BlankCell, 1).Select
Selection.PasteSpecial (xlPasteValues)
Application.CutCopyMode = False

End Su
Maybe not the best way to do it, but it works.
"Larry" wrote:

I need a macro that will let me do this: When I click on a vendor ID number
in column A of sheet 1, I want all vendor information on that row to be
automatically copied to the next empty row on sheet 2, including the vendor
ID number, in the appropriate cells. Can you help? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Man, this is really close. It does exactly what I asked about. However, I
neglected to provide specific information you should have had. Sheet2 is
named 'Field Activity Report'. I renamed it to Sheet2 to make the macro
work, but it really needs to be called "Field Activity Report'. Information
copied onto the next blank row of 'Field Activity Report' needs to begin on
column d, not column a. Once the user has pressed OK on the message box, the
macro needs to go back to sheet1 automatically after the information is
entered onto the 'Filed Activity Report'. If you can help me tweek this, it
would be greatly appreciated. You did a great job! Thanks!

"Brassman" wrote:

Try this:

Copy this code into the code window for Sheet1
Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As
Boolean)
Dim GoOn
If Target.Column = 1 And Target.Value < "" Then
GoOn = MsgBox("Copy Vendor Info?", vbOKCancel)
If GoOn < vbOK Then
Exit Sub
Else
CopyVendorInfo